Click Images to view large
This was a German close-range anti-aircraft weapon devised in 1944 and placed in limited production. It consisted of nine 20mm tubes mounted so that they could be fired from a man's shoulder by electric impulse. Each tube was loaded with a rocket made from a 20mm cannon shell fitted to a steel tube containing angled vents. On firing the angled vents caused the rocket to spin rapidly, so stabilizing its Flight. The rockets were fired in two salvos, one of five shots and one of four, in quick succession, and the weapon could be rapidly reloaded by using a special loading clipp which held another nine rockets. Maximum range was about 2,000yd, though the most effective fighting range was about 500yd. Production was scheduled to begin in February 1945 but it is thought that very few were actually made.